Agreement and Acceptance
This agreement becomes effective between UMBL ("U Microfinance Bank Limited") and you at the time of registering for electronic banking (Internet and Mobile App
Banking) or at the time you access electronic banking, whichever occurs first.
Please read the following terms and conditions carefully, since these constitute an
agreement between the Bank and you, setting out rights and obligations in context of your
use of the UMBL Internet & Mobile App Banking services.
In consideration of UMBL making available the services through UMBL Bank electronic banking Facilities/Services, I acknowledge, accept and
understand the following:
- By accessing and/or using UMBL electronic banking Facilities/Services, I have
accepted and agreed to be bound by the Terms and Conditions stated herein without any change
and shall abide by the same, including any amendment, alteration, etc. made hereto at UMBL
- I irrevocably and unconditionally accept as binding any service availed and/or transaction
made or given through UMBL electronic banking Facilities/Services at my own risk
and responsibility and UMBL records of any transaction processed through UMBL Electronic Banking Facilities/Services shall constitute binding and conclusive
evidence of such transaction for all purposes.
- I further acknowledge that any services accessed or utilized through UMBL
electronic banking Facilities/Services shall be subject to UMBL terms and
conditions as applicable from time to time including but not limited to fees, expenses or
charges relevant thereto which UMBL may directly debits from my Account (s).
Customers Responsibilities for
- You will be responsible to keep confidential your Password/PIN generated by you by following
the procedure outlined by UMBL and the same will not be disclosed to any other person and
you will safeguard it from being divulged and/or being used by any other person (s).
- If you discover or suspect that your Password or any part of them are known to someone else,
you must immediately change the Password yourself through the Service. If this is not
possible, you must notify us immediately by calling our helpline i.e 051-111-182-265
- You will not allow any other person to operate UMBL electronic Banking
Facilities/Services on your behalf and you will not leave your computer/mobile unattended
during the time when you are online. Neither will you access the UMBL
Internet Banking Facilities/Services from a computer connected to a local area network (LAN)
without ensuring that no one else is able to observe or copy your access or obtain access to
UMBL Internet Banking Services.
- You will take all reasonably practicable measures to ensure that any computer or other device
from which you access the electronic Banking is free of any computer virus or similar device
or software including but not restricted to, devices commonly known as software bombs,
Trojan horses and worms (together "Viruses") and is adequately maintained in every way.
- You should change your Password regularly and shall do so whenever the Service requires you
to do so. You should not choose a Password you have used before.
- The UMBL & any other Government officials never call customers to inquire about their
personal or account details over the phone e.g Account Number, mobile number, Password, MPIN
& OTP etc. UMBL will not be liable if you disclose your security codes or
password or any of the PIN associated with your account.
- You will be responsible to comply with any other measures and requirement, which UMBL Bank may advise from time to time.
Execution of Instructions/Transactions
On instructions given through UMBL electronic banking Facilities/Services, UMBL Bank will be entitled to debit any amount along with the applicable
charges/fees as applicable from time to time or the transactions from customer Account(s) as
instructed. Instructions given on UMBL electronic banking Facilities/Services
can not be reversed. UMBL will not be responsible for, including but not
limited to the following:
- To reverse an instruction given through UMBL electronic Banking
- To accept any instructions which are conditional or which require UMBL to
make payment to a third party earlier (or later) than the time UMBL requires
according to normal banking practice.
- UMBL at its sole discretion will be entitled to refuse to carry out an
instruction submitted through UMBL electronic banking Facilities/Services or
may require to provide a written confirmation of such instructions.
- UMBL will not be liable for any act or omission of any correspondent or
paying bank for any error or delay in transaction. The Customer agrees to indemnify and hold
UMBL harmless against such all loses, damages and expenses incurred by UMBL Bank in relation to any demand drafts or other instruments issued by UMBL Bank on your instructions.
- If the transfer authority is submitted through UMBL electronic banking
Facilities/Services, UMBL may act upon such authority/instructions and may
presume that the same are genuine and accurately represent the wishes of the Customer, even
if the instruction are actually compiled or sent in error or by fraud or negligence or
altered or amended by someone other than the customer with or without the actual knowledge or
instruction of the Customer. UMBL has no responsibility to verify the facts
and genuineness of the instructions.
Operating times, changes and
We shall take reasonably practicable steps to have the Service be usually available for use.
You accept, however, that routine maintenance requirements, over burden on the systems and
circumstances beyond our control may mean it is not always possible for the Service to be
available during its normal operating hours.
In connection with the Service, we are entitled at any time to:
- change the mode of operation; or
- add to, remove or otherwise change, end or suspend any
of the facilities available; or
- end the Service.
Bank will not be responsible if you are unable to gain access and/or use Services due to
reasons beyond the Bank's control, including with limitation, any computer,
telecommunication, electrical, technical or network failure or malfunction and routine
The Extent of Our Liability for Your
Loss or Damage:
Subject to the Terms and Conditions and without prejudice to the rights of UMBL
Bank here under the Bank will take reasonably practicable steps to ensure that its systems
in connection with the Bank electronic banking Facilities/Services are adequately secure and
to manage and control the risks in operating the systems, taking into account all laws
regulations, rules, circulars, codes of conduct and good practices prevailing in the banking
industry as applicable from time to time.
- UMBL will not be liable for any loss or damage of whatsoever nature, whether
direct or indirect or consequential to me including my successors, executors and
administration as result of making UMBL electronic Banking
Facilities/Services available to me and such loss or damage may include without limitation
- Acting on an instruction, which has been validly authenticated as submitted by me but which
intact was given fraudulently by a third person/party
- UMBL electronic banking Facilities/Services being totally or partly
unavailable for any reason:
- Execution of my instruction delayed or not being acted upon by UMBL.
- My reliance on the information provided on UMBL electronic banking
- Loss of any instructions given by me through UMBL electronic Banking
- For any partial incomplete, late or failed transfer or bill payment to any payee nominated
under the UMBL
- Electronic banking Facilities/Services due to reasons beyond UMBL's control
- Any access by a third party to information about my Account(s).
- I will indemnify UMBL, its employees, agents, representatives and nominees on
a full indemnify basis from and against all actions, claims, proceedings, demand losses
damages, harms (including direct or consequential) costs, expense, charges taxes, penalties
and legal costs and any other liabilities of whatsoever nature which UMBL may
incur, suffer by reason of my accessing and/or using UMBL electronic banking
Unavailability of electronic
UMBL will at all times and for whatever reason, have the sole and exclusive
right to suspend or terminate electronic banking/mobile banking without any prior
notification or giving any reasons for such termination or suspension.
You acknowledge and accept that service may be unavailable from time to time for any reason,
- Technical failure or problems with the communication
system itself or our communication system underlying banking systems (the bank system);
- Technical failure or problems with a communication
system directly or indirectly underlying electronic banking/mobile banking that is owned
or controlled by other persons (third party system);
- Unavailability of telecommunication or electricity
- Other circumstances beyond our control
The Bank will update its website for promotions for their Customers from time to time. It is
the Customer's responsibility to check the social media presence of UMBL
electronic banking, to learn about the latest offerings and promotions of the Bank. The Bank
shall not be responsible if the Customer loses out on a promotion opportunity for any
reason, including by not checking the latest updates posted on the Bank's social media
UMBL may amend this agreement from time to time and you are bound by the
version of this agreement that exists at the time you access electronic banking services.
You agree and waive your right to question or receive intimation of any such amendment that
may be subsequently made in the agreement by the Bank.
Customer complaints and Disputes
- The bank provides the customer with multiple channels to complaint about the service, or to
dispute any transaction. These include the branch customer service personnel, our call
center 051-111-182-265 and email id i.e complaints@UMBL.com.pk
- The bank will get back to the customer with resolution on their complaint or dispute within
a maximum of 7 business days from receiving the detailed customer complaint and all needed
details and evidences.
- If a resolution is not reached within this period, the bank is obliged to contact the
customer with a status update related to the complaint or dispute.
- We may terminate your access to electronic banking services, if you breach any term of this
agreement and fail to remedy it being notified. We may do this without detracting from our
right to take any other steps available to us at law or under this agreement, including the
right to obtain an interdict.
- You acknowledge and agree that the Bank shall have the right of set-off and lien,
irrespective of any other lien or charge, present as well as future, on the deposits held in
the eligible Accounts, whether in single name or joint name, to the extent of all
outstanding amounts due from you, including without limitation, fees, charges, costs or
expenses, and indemnity payments payable by you to the Bank, pursuant to these Terms and
Conditions (as may be amended from time to time) or otherwise arising as a result the
Services extended to and/or used by you.